Dismantling our carceral state:
- End the “cash bail” system.
- Legalize marijuana at the federal level.
- Appropriate federal funds for more drug treatment and mental health facilities in lieu of jail.
- End for-profit prisons and jails.
- Establish a federal review board within the Department of Justice for all officer-involved shootings.
- Enact legislation that establishes a national, federally funded program to train police officers in de-escalation tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- End the “1033” Program which allows local police departments to procure surplus military equipment.
- Felon re-enfranchisement for the nearly 27 million Americans have felony convictions.